Monday, August 13, 2007

What I learned from The Secret

ChooseDoubt is on vacation, so we won't hear from him for awhile.
But I wanted to talk about how I have been irrevocably altered.
I borrowed The Secret (the book, not the DVD) from a coworker and my life was changed! Topsy-turvied! Bouleversée!

No, I didn't waste a ton of time reading it but less than an hour was sufficient.


Here's what I learned:

I never studied science or physics at school, and yet when I read complex books on quantum physics I understood them perfectly because I wanted to understand them (p. 156).
Everything is energy (p. 156, emph. original).
The true essence of You, the pure energy of You, has always been and always will be. You can never not be...You are eternal energy (p. 158, emph. original).
Be happy now. Feel good now. That's the only thing you have to do (p. 179, emph. original).
You are the master of the Universe. You are the heir to the kingdom. You are the perfection of Life. And now you know The Secret (p. 183).

And my personal favorite:

You are God in a physical body. You are Spirit in the flesh. You are Eternal Life expressing itself as You. You are a cosmic being. You are all power. You are all wisdom. You are all power. You are all wisdom. You are all intelligence. You are perfection. You are magnificence (p. 164).

It's Benny Hinn w/o the big hair, slayings in the Spirit, the constant appealing to "Holy Spirit power", and any mention of Jesus. But go ahead and keep the sweet Gulfstream jets, the 7-figure salary, and fraudulent bizarre claims.

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Isn't there something in the bible about an apple in some garden that gives you all those abilities too? Maybe the author of the secret nibbled from that apple. Too bad its poised and the promise of godhood is a lie.

Anonymous said...

Does the author mention whether or not the universe knows it has over 6 billion masters? Talk about having lots of bosses...

Rhology said...

Strangely enough, the author did not go into a philosophically rigorous breakdown of the implications of her thesis. Surprise surprise.

Anonymous said...

boy that was easy. my bank account has already tripled and my happiness level is 3.2 times higher than it was just an hour ago!!!! Thanks "The Secret"!!!

david b mclaughlin said...

Had a conversation today with a woman who watched the dvd and swears she has gotten nothing but front row parking spaces since "visioning" them a week ago.

I told her to report back to me in a month. And while she was at it, just visualize a thousand dollars a day at let me know how it works for her.

Unknown said...

Man awesome! I wonder if that works for reading about electrical circuits, microprocessor design and integrated circuits, cause I could really need a read-once-understand-all moment. That would cut down my study time to nothing and all my grades would be As!!

Kellygorski said...

You know what I learned from The Secret? Since like attracts like, and since the Universe always gives us what we want, the Jews and the Nazis had more in common than we thought, right? After all, Jews, gays, and other minorities attacked during the Holocaust were attracting that violence and suffering. Those millions of people should have consulted their Light Beings first.

Rhology said...

Dang, wish I'd thought of that.