Seems like marhaban, the only non-troll on my post regarding my unpleasant interaction with the irrational and highly insulting PMLS has it all figured out. Only not.
But having a child also can cause severe psychological harm.
1) So let's just kill them!
2) If you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, why choose to murder the child? You need to answer this.
3) Of course, one is natural (childbirth) and has been going on for quite some time. A few decades, at least, women have been giving birth to children.
All the more reason to support good healthcare and mental healthcare benefits for all people.
Fine! Yes! Stop acting like this is a good excuse to allow baby murder, please! Sheesh. That's not the topic, OK? Stop bringing it up, and focus on the issue. Stop. Breathe. Focus.
As a parent who adopted my kids from the foster care system, I can tell you from experience that the system is a mess.
So let's kill the babies we don't think will live "good" lives. Let's assume we can define "good" for someone else. Let's assume we know that NOT ONE CHILD that we murder will actually overcome obstacles and live a life that s/he finds to be good. Let's assume that EVERY CHILD, if s/he'd reached adulthood, would've preferred that s/he'd have been murdered in the womb.
Are you ready to make those assumptions for someone else, let alone millions of others? On whose authority?
This option may be great for healthy white babies, but not as great for minorities or kids with any issues such as HIV positive parents, drug or alcohol exposure, etc.
So let's just kill those ones, the ones with more obstacles in their way. They'll never overcome them anyway.
I'm not saying that they won't end up succeeding in spite of this,
Actually, if you're arguing for the permissibility of murdering the children in the womb and using these statements as excuses for it, you are absolutely doing just that.
I don't claim that it is better to kill the child. I claim that it is a difficult choice to make.
Why precisely is it a difficult choice? I don't have all the money I want, but it's not a difficult choice for me to decide NOT to mug the rich guy downtown tonight. Why? B/c murder is not an option. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?
I won't pass judgment on those who do
Do you pass judgment on Ted Bundy? Charles Manson? Adolf Hitler? Just curious how consistent you're willing to be. Please let me know.
How will making abortion illegal help?
If I had my way, it would put every single abortician out of business, and if the abortician performed one more abortion after abortion was outlawed, he'd be summarily executed after a very swift trial. That's how it would help.
Rich people could get them easily enough.
1) Didn't you just finish tell me how hard off most people with unwanted pregnancies have it b/c they're NOT rich, and therefore seek abortions? Your consistency could use some work.
2) Let them get them, and their children's blood be on their own heads, but not in the US. I can't control what goes on outside my country's borders.
3) You know what? Let's just not outlaw grand larceny and fraud, and murder. I mean, the people with the means to commit those acts will just do them anyway. That's what your argument amounts to.
Poor people were stuck with unsanitary schmuck "doctors"
1) Do you have any idea how unsanitary most abortuaries are RIGHT NOW? You need to educate yourself.
2) Are you arguing that we should pander to those who'd prefer to murder children for the sake of their own circumstances?
3) If we imprison, try, and execute aborticians, shmuck or not, they won't be stuck with them at all. There won't be any.
Abortion should stay an option, because the consequences of it not being an option also suck.
Thus spake marhaban. Sorry, but you need to actually make an argument before you can just summarily pronounce judgment.