Friday, October 02, 2009

OK, now we're just laughing at you

#12 and for all: My advice is to ignore Rhology as I now will do on blogs and in person, since he is not to be trusted for any any display of honesty, despite his stated deep belief in the Holy Bible.

Posted by: vhutchison | September 30, 2009 5:24 PM


vhutchison @19 -

I love it - now I'm dishonest. I know from other time spent here that I'm an idiot, a moron, a cretin, evil, a servant of a trickster God, spawn... hmm, what else?
Oh, you probably didn't know that I have 7 convictions for pædophilia and child rape on my record.

Anytime you feel like substantiating such accusations, Prof Hutchison, I'd love to see it. Say, a direct quote. Interestingly, I have a perfect example of either your incompetence or your own dishonesty; when we were talking Tuesday night, you told me you'd read my arguments and "they aren't any good". Then, mere minutes later I started walking you thru an extremely common argument of mine, three times, and you never showed any sign of understanding it. Were I as charitable as you, I'd already be trumpeting all about how you're not to be trusted.

Peace,
Rhology

Posted by: Rhology | October 1, 2009 8:44 AM


Rhology bloviated:

Interestingly, I have a perfect example of either your incompetence or your own dishonesty; when we were talking Tuesday night, you told me you'd read my arguments and "they aren't any good". Then, mere minutes later I started walking you thru an extremely common argument of mine, three times, and you never showed any sign of understanding it.

Your anecdote shows neither incompetence nor dishonesty. It shows someone who obviously sees the inherent worthlessness of your arguments. I suggest that there was no inability to "understand" your argument. I suggest that your argument was worthless to a degree that it was not worth paying any attention to.

Posted by: Dan J | October 1, 2009 10:51 AM


#31. Dan J. You are correct.

Posted by: vhutchison | October 1, 2009 10:58 AM


vhutchison @32 -
So *I'm* dishonest for some unspecified reason, but when you say you've read my arguments and know them well enough to know they are no good, and then completely fail to even understand one of the most basic ones in a face-to-face convo, you're off scot-free, eh? Unvarnished character, that.

Posted by: Rhology | October 1, 2009 1:18 PM


If you presented arguments for a hollow earth (ala Brooks Agnew), I would be of the opinion that you were, indeed, a crackpot of the highest order. Prof. Hutchison seems to (rightly) view you as such a person.

If you then approached me with further arguments, I would most likely ignore you. If it went further, I would most likely petition a court for a restraining order.

Claiming that the good professor does not understand your arguments does not make it so, nor does it make your arguments valid. It could very well imply that your arguments are so laughably absurd that they are truly incomprehensible to anyone not suffering from delusions similar to your own.

Posted by: Dan J | October 1, 2009 2:07 PM


Rhobot-

Oh, you probably didn't know that I have 7 convictions for pædophilia and child rape on my record.

That truly would not be surprising. It would be perfectly consistent with the character you've demonstrated thus far.

Posted by: Eric Saveau | October 1, 2009 2:41 PM


Rho, why do you seem to figure that blowing peoples' opinions of you out to comically criminal proportions in any way invalidates those original opinions?

Posted by: Ritchie Annand | October 1, 2009 3:08 PM


Rho, why do you seem to figure that blowing peoples' opinions of you out to comically criminal proportions in any way invalidates those original opinions?

At a guess, either pathetically low self-esteem fishing for compliments, or a really bad attempt at reductio ad absurdem.

Either way, it's just sad.

Posted by: LanceR, JSG | October 1, 2009 5:11 PM


why do you seem to figure that blowing peoples' opinions of you out to comically criminal proportions in any way invalidates those original opinions?

Actually, it was originally a bit of a joke. Only later did I realise its utility in drawing out how evil and gratuitously nasty some of you can be. Mission accomplished!

Posted by: Rhology | October 1, 2009 10:23 PM

No comments: