Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You are not nearly as cool as you think you are

Ed Young Jr, that would be you.







This is beyond ridiculous. The worst thing is that ISTM that he just barely didn't make it over the top enough to make me think he meant this to be a joke.

1 Timothy 3:1 It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do. 2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money...7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1:5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you, 6 namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion. 7 For the overseer must be above reproach as God’s steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain, 8 but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.

Oh, you mean like refute heretics like the Oneness Pentecostal TD Jakes? The Word of Faith wolf Brian Houston? The always-smiling "This is my Bible. I hold it up at the beginning of my sermon and then never mention it afterwards" moron Joel Osteen?

You know, that's funny. This reminds me of a question I heard earlier about how we figure out who is approved...

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Well, at least I was able to listen to it all the way through. Rap being what I would call the bottom feeders of music, well, that's sayin' something.

It didn't connect at first that it was THE Ed Young, promoter of sexy church with sexy sermons, with round bed on stage. Ooohhh lala.

Anyway, is he even worth giving attention to? OTOH, he's good for a few laughs. Thanks for lightening up my day.

Darlene said...

Rho,

I just listened to Ed a second time. Me thinks he could get me to like rap.

U B U....it'll be inside my head for awhile.

U B U.....don't be a fake, a half-bsked cake.....U B U.....don't be a sham, or a turkey ham, U B U.... the REAL Thing, bada bing....U B U....a dude with style, all the while, speakin' truth to the youth, being bold, with the old, doin' jive, made alive.....

U B U.....U B U

Rhology said...

Oy!!!!


OK, Darlene, I'll make a pact with you. If you can forgive me for posting that video on my blog, I'll forgive you for transcribing part of those... "lyrics"... in my combox.

Deal?

;-)