I was hoping that I wouldn't see comments like these in the post containing the video showing the carnage of abortion. Perversely, they serve to make the point far more clearly than more reasonable and more humane comments would.
Chris from Oz said:
That's pretty gross.
Yep, that's abortion.
We could show the kids being torn apart by she-bears
1) This is the tu quoque fallacy. You don't bring up another wrong to relieve the horror or evil nature of a wrong.
2) Those weren't "kids"; it was a gang of teenaged youth, threatening a prophet of God by telling him to go on up like Elijah had. That is, to die.
3) There's not necessarily a connection between the curse of Elisha and the bears eating them in the text.
4) Why wouldn't you be totally cool with bears eating humans? Isn't that nat sel in action? Those kids were obviously from the shallow end of the gene pool - so what if they get eaten? Less competition from idiots for the rest of us.
5) We've seen over and over again your worldview's total inability to make any moral judgment that should be binding on anyone else. So what?
the genocide of whole tribes
See #4 and 5 from above.
And it shows your moral blindness to say this. Those tribes were engaged in gross immorality and horribly sinful living, yet you equate them with the murder of babies. What wrong have the babies committed? And it's the same to you? (One wonders whether you have or even like children.)
the stories of the families watching each other drown during the flood.
To exactly what stories of families "watching each other drown" do you refer? Quote them.
(Hint: No account like that exists in Genesis.)
The Jolly Nihilist said...
The images are gross, but, to my eye, no grosser really than this. Seeing bloody dead stuff is discomforting; no shocker there.
Yet another atheist equates humans with animals.
Of course, in the next breath he'll be cross with God about command the extermination of a tribe of people by another - natural selection in action. The inconsistency is amazing.
protesters should not be allowed to block people's entry into abortion clinics.
Should people be penalised by law, then, for wresting the gun from a guy who has aimed it at someone else's head? That would be the same thing.
Since I have experience dissecting bodies... All I can say is "Ooh, yummy!"
I'm glad you have something to say, b/c I have nothing to say to that.
I will make the decision whether it is wrong after I see the other evil.
One can only wonder what in the world you're talking about.